Irina Werning.

posted on: Monday, 23 July 2012





Today I wanted to share the innovative photographs of Irina Werning. She plays with the concept of going back to the future by reproducing photos from the past. In her own words "I love old photos. I admit to being a nosey photographer. As soon as I step into someone else's house I start sniffing for them. Most of us fascinated by the retro look but to me, it's imagining how people would feel and look like if they were to reenact them today. Two years ago I decided to actually do this so with my camera I started inviting people back to their future."All photos are from her website which features some of her other work here.

7 kommentarer:

  1. these are always so fabulous! my favorite is that last one!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are fantastic! My cousins and sister recently recreated one funny photo from when they were toddlers, but it would be fun to recreate more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry that if I took up her 'invitation back to the future' there would be far too many pictures of me naked in the bath knocking around the internet. That seemed to be prime photo time in our house, and never fails to raise a laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I feel like there's a few too many bath pics of me too. I would love to spend some time and energy re-creating some clothed shots with friends and family. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to hunt down the outfits?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this before. Very cool.

    I just came across a cute photo of me in a pink dress digging in the dirt. Maybe I should recreate it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fun, I've just seen the same project in an episode of Modern Family, a american tv show where a brother and his sister wanted to do the same thing, the reproduction of an old picture of them. Nice idea, Irina Werning did it perfectly, same places, same accessorizes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i fricken love these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate reading all of your kind words.

N. Lynde All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger